Dental cleanings are a necessary part of your dental routine, along with brushing and flossing. Your dental cleaning will include:
- Plaque removal to prevent both inflammation of gums and periodontal disease.
- Calculus (tartar) removal to prevent gingivitis.
- Teeth polishing to remove plaque and stains.
- It is very important to have your teeth cleaned regularly by a dentist. At your appointment, your teeth will be cleaned in a way that is impossible to do at home. Dr. Pinney is trained to use specialized instruments, such as ultrasonic tools, to effectively remove both calculus and plaque from your teeth.
Dental exams are performed at every scheduled appointment. All regular check-up appointments with our team will include:
- Diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): These are essential in order to detect decay, cysts, tumors, or bone loss. X-rays also help determine the positions of your tooth and root.
- Evaluation of Gum Disease: We will examine the gums and bones around the teeth and check for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth Decay Exam: All tooth surfaces will be examined with special instruments for decay.
- Existing Restoration Exam: We will check all of your current fillings, bridges, crowns, etc.
- Schedule your dental appointment with Joe Pinney Family Dentistry soon to receive a thorough dental exam and maintain your oral health!